Umrah pilgrims transportation services: free transfer service from King Abdulaziz Airport and Special prices for Al-Haramain train tickets
The government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques places great importance on the safety of pilgrims at Masjid Al Haram and aims to facilitate their Hajj and Umrah rituals. To achieve this, a range of transportation options are available to make the Umrah journey as comfortable and convenient as possible. One such option is the free shuttle transportation service provided to guests of Rahman from King Abdul Aziz Airport in Jeddah to Masjid Al Haram in Mecca for performing Umrah rituals. Furthermore, special-priced tickets are available for visiting the Haramain Express Train.
Free shuttle transportation of pilgrims and Umrah performers from King Abdul Aziz Airport to the King Abdul Aziz Endowment
on account of the Saudi Vision 2030, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is engaged in developing a set of significant services for pilgrims it offers free shuttle transportation service to the guests of Rahman from King Abdul Aziz Airport in Jeddah to Masjid Al Haram of Mecca, With the aim of providing distinguished trips to perform Umrah rituals.
The General Syndicate of Cars in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has officially announced the launch of the pilot phase of the service for transporting Hajj and Umrah pilgrims from King Abdulaziz Airport - Terminal 1 to Masjid Al Haram in Mecca, that is, to the endowment of King Abdulaziz. On the other hand, King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, western Saudi Arabia, had also revealed the launch of a free shuttle transportation service for all pilgrims.
Learn about the shuttle transportation service of pilgrims from Jeddah Airport to the King Abdul Aziz Endowment
In fact, King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah stated that the transportation service of pilgrims is part of the shuttle transportation trips from Masjid Al Haram to the airport every two hours, from 10 AM until 11 PM, with availability of trips from 12 PM noon until 12 AM midnight. Moreover, the pilgrims’ transportation stops are spread from the King Abdulaziz International Airport’s bus area, to the KDE station, and then to the King Abdulaziz Endowment stop.
It is worth noting that the pilgrims’ transportation station is located on the first floor, next to the fishpond, and then, departure takes place to head to Masjid Al Haram of Mecca; considering that the distance from the station in Jeddah to the endowment of King Abdul Aziz in Makkah Al Mukarramah is of 4.0 kilometers from the Kaaba.
The Hajj and Umrah pilgrims’ transportation service contributes to facilitating the transfer of Rahman guests to Masjid Al Haram, in addition to providing an opportunity to enjoy various options for transporting guests directly from the airport to the King Abdul Aziz endowment next to the Masjid Al Haram in Makkah Al Mukarramah.
Hajj and Umrah performers are the beneficiaries of such service and whom have obtained an Umrah reservation from the “Nusuk” or “Tawakkalna” application, from inside or outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Conditions for benefiting from the pilgrims transportation service from Jeddah Airport to the King Abdul Aziz Endowment
In order to benefit from free shuttle transportation from King Abdulaziz International Airport - Terminal 1 to Masjid Al Haram, the pilgrims are required to wear the Ihram garb, present the resident's passport and the citizen's national identity.
After arriving in Makkah Al-Mukarramah, pilgrims can head to Makarem Hotels due to its close proximity to King Abdul Aziz Endowment, including:
- Makarem Ajyad Hotel, which is 500 M away from King Abdul Aziz gate.
- Makarem Umm Al Qura Hotel, which is 6.5 km away from King Abdul Aziz Endowment.
- Makarem Al Shorofat Hotel , which is 6.9 kilometers away from King Abdul Aziz Endowment.
- Makarem Mina Hotel, which is 4.2 km away from King Abdul Aziz Endowment.
- Makarem Al Bait Hotel, which is 5.0 km away from King Abdul Aziz Endowment.
How to get special prices for Haramain train tickets
an agreement was signed between Saudi Airlines and SAR aimed at supporting means of cooperation to upscale a set of Hajj and Umrah services that significantly contribute to the improvement of the travel experience.
The agreement stipulates that the travelers of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will obtain tickets at special prices for their trips through the Haramain train stations, that is, to Makkah Al-Mukarramah and Medina, which contributes to facilitating their journey, provided that this feature is added to the services delivered by the Kingdom to all the guests of Rahman in order to secure an atmosphere of spirituality and faith to perform rites.
“SAR” reduced prices for Haramain High-Speed Train tickets
SAR offers discounts for various trips from the Haramain High Speed train stations of up to 55% whether the traveler wants to book a business or economy class, and that is when making an early booking through SAR’s official website or its application. It is also possible to obtain train tickets at a lower cost if the traveler makes a reservation by 23:59 PM one day before the trip time.
SAR was keen to allocate other discounts to a number of categories, including students who can get a discount of up to 50%, as well as cancer patients and travelers with special needs, which also includes their companions benefiting from discounts as well.
The offers also include travelers over the age of 18, who can subscribe to SAR’s "WalaOne" service and collect points. After creating a WalaOne account, they can start collecting points gradually, and get a discount when collecting 100 points. It is noteworthy that each point is equivalent to one riyal, which remain valid for use for one full year.
In addition, SAR offers discount codes on all Haramain High Speed train tickets for economy and business class. This code can be obtained through the SAR application or the company's website; having the traveler entering the discount code in the promotional code field.
Haramain train station:
- Makkah Al-Mukarramah Station: It is located in the Al-Rusaifa neighborhood, 3.5 km away from Haram Al-Sharif, and its working hours extend from 6:30 AM until 12 AM. It is located near Makarem Hotels to make it easier for pilgrims to reach us and enjoy all hotel services.
- King Abdulaziz International Airport Station in Jeddah: It is located at the Hejaz Gate of King Abdullah Economic City, 18 km from the seaport, and its working hours extend from 7:30 AM until 11:30 PM, it includes various transportation services, as it connects the airport terminals with the bus and train stations, as well as private cars or taxis.
- Medina Station: It is located in Al-Hadra neighborhood, 9 km from Masjid Al-Nabawi, and its working hours extend from 6:30 AM until 12:30 AM.
- Jeddah Al-Sulaymaniyah Station: It is located on the Haramain Highway, and its working hours extend from 7:30 AM until 11:30 PM.
How to book tickets for the Haramain train?
These are some of the steps that travelers need to follow to book Haramain Train tickets online:
- Go to the official website of the Haramain train and select the reservation you want.
- Determine the trip route, i.e. the departure station and the arrival station.
- Choose the high-speed train number, the trip number and the number of stops during your journey.
- Determine the full date of travel, i.e. day, month and year.
- Choose the class in which you want to be on the train: business class or economy class.
- Choose a seat from among the unreserved seats within a list that shows you the available ones.
- Answer a number of questions concerning Covid-19.
- Fill in all information and data about the traveler (name, date of birth, valid identity document type, document number, phone number, e-mail...).
After clicking on "Pay", a message will be sent via phone or e-mail to save the ticket number and a set of important details for the traveler. Upon approval of all terms and conditions, the person can proceed to pay the financial fees through various means available to travelers.
Makarem Loyalty Program
These establishments include Makarem Ajyad Makkah, plus a number of other hotels across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.